Yoni Massage is a contemporary Neo-Tantric massage modality — partly based on ancient Tantric and Taoist philosophical and spiritual ideas — developed by Joseph Kramer and Annie Sprinkle in the 1990s in the US.
It’s a full body Tantric Massage — typically applied with oils on the unclothed receiver — with special focus on the woman’s erogenous zones, which include the breasts, belly, buttocks, groin, perineum, vulva, clitoris, and vagina, sometimes also accompanied by internal work on the G-Spot and cervix.
Although a Yoni Massage session can be (and should be) sensually pleasurable, it’s primarily intended to work as a genital and sexual healing massage treatment modality by releasing emotional, physical, and traumatic blockages, and enabling women to re-experience their complete sensual, creative, and spiritual womanhood.
Additionally, it’s thought that Tantric Yoni Massage can have many other health benefits, which we’ve summarized further below.
The Various Health Benefits of Yoni Massage
- Awakens the clitoris, G-spot, A-spot (and other Yoni Spots), the vagina, and cervix, enabling more sensitivity and pleasure;
- Opens up the opportunity to experience different types of orgasms;
- Increases body awareness and supports the body to become more erogenous, sensitive, and orgasmic;
- Increases blood circulation to the genitals, inducing more intense feelings and better genital health;
- Promotes fertility;
- Improves lubrication and more intense orgasms;
- Helps to control orgasms;
- Helps to better relax the body and surrender to pleasurable feelings;
- Increases libido and sexual pleasure;
- Increases self-awareness, self-trust, and self-respect;
- Stimulates mental health, healthy relationships, personal development, and spiritual practice;
- Removes feelings of guilt and shame;
- Helps to control and relax abdominal muscles, pelvic muscles, the vaginal walls, cervix and uterus;
- Releases general anxieties, trauma, emotional blockages, stress and tensions (both physical and emotional);
- Alleviates or cures vaginal pains and pain during intercourse;
- Alleviates menstrual cramps and regulates periods;
- Improves bowel movement, digestion, and decreases constipation.
If you want to know more details about Yoni Massage — sometimes also called Yoni Vaginal Massage — you may read our post Tantric Yoni Massage | Aims, Techniques, and Health Benefits.