Lingam Massage (also written Lingham Massage) is a Neo-Tantric massage modality developed and popularized by Joseph Kramer in the 1980s in the USA. Lingam Massage can be considered the male version of a Tantric Yoni Vaginal Massage. Although a Lingam Massage is a specialization of a Tantra Massage focusing primarily on the male genitalia, it’s typically accompanied by a full body Tantric Massage with the use of (warm) oils.
A Lingam Massage includes acupressure on points around the Lingam (the Penis), testicles, the inner thighs and groin, and the therapist may also work around the anus and perineum, and with the prostate (internally or externally). The idea is to release tensions and blockages within the abdomen, anus region, anal canal (rectum) and genital organs, with an aim of physical health benefits, pleasure, or perhaps rather with the goal of releasing emotional and sexual trauma.
Although the penis has become almost synonymous with Lingam, a Lingam, also called Linga or Shiva Linga, is much more than that. It’s foremost an abstract representation of the Hindu God Shiva in Indic Shaivism. It’s a symbol revered in Hindu temples, shrines or in natural objects, such as naturally shaped stones, and so on. It’s considered a divine symbol of generative creative energy, where a phallus or phallic penis like object is worshiped as a symbolic representation of the Deity Shiva.
By the way, the Hindu God Shiva is also known as Mahadeva and is one of the main deities in Hinduism, known as the Great Destroyer and Creator, the protector and transformer of the Universe.
It’s thought that this blend of Indian Tantric philosophy and Western based therapeutic massage is helpful to heal or alleviate fertility problems, prostatitis, benign prostate enlargement, low libido, urinary tract issues, erectile dysfunction (ED), sexual and emotional traumas, premature ejaculation (by using semen retention techniques), and relief of stress, depression, and anxiety, among other pathologies.
Of late, however, Lingam Massage is increasingly positioned as only a erotic pleasure massage, the client being able to experience multiple orgasms throughout a session and afterwards. Additionally, the label “Lingam Massage” is often used as a beautifier for a straightforward Sensual Erotic Oil Massage or penis massage and finishing hand-job or mouth-job, the more standard Happy Ending idea, instead of being a genuine Tantric Lingam Massage with a more spiritual esoteric and vital energetic aim.
Nevertheless, the authentic idea behind Tantric Lingam Massage is for a man to completely embrace and accept his Lingam as part of his whole being. That would stimulate a man to have a more full and satisfying sexual life, an ability to experience sex throughout the whole body and being connected as a whole with himself, others and the world around him. A Lingam Massage is therefore also called Manhood Massage, because an important goal of the treatment is for a man to “own” or “re-own” his total manhood.
A Lingam Massage is sensual and pleasurable, but it’s certainly not necessarily sexual, although an erection, ejaculation, or orgasm may occur during a session. The Lingam Massage is originally seen as a Tantric initiation to honor and worship every part of the body, with the goal of becoming a complete, whole person, and not a person separated in a man on one side and his genitals on the other side.
Below we summarize the various benefits of Lingam Massage:
- Awakens the penis, testicles, and prostate (G-spot or P-Spot), enabling more sensitivity and pleasure;
- Opens up the opportunity to experience Full Body Orgasms;
- Increases prostate health by, for instance, alleviating benign prostate enlargement and prostatitis;
- Increases body awareness and supports the body to become more erogenous, sensitive, and orgasmic;
- Increases blood circulation to the genitals, inducing more intense feelings and better genital health;
- Promotes fertility;
- Helps to control orgasms (deepening, expanding, prolonging, etc.);
- Can alleviate or cure Premature Ejaculation (PE);
- Can alleviate or cure Erectile Dysfunction (ED) and helps to control erections;
- Helps to better relax the body and surrender to pleasurable feelings;
- Increases libido and sexual pleasure;
- Increases self-awareness, self-trust, and self-respect;
- Stimulates mental health, healthy relationships, personal development, and spiritual practice;
- Removes feelings of guilt and shame;
- Helps to control and relax abdominal muscles, pelvic muscles, and the urinary tract system;
- Releases general anxieties, trauma, emotional blockages, stress and tensions (both physical and emotional);
- Improves bowel movement, digestion, and decreases constipation.