The idea behind Pranic Breathing is to boost your energy levels, stimulate the body’s self-healing capacities, and promote general health and well-being by increasing Prana Life Force in your entire body.
Pranic Breathing, a form of Breathwork, is also called 6-3-6-3 Breathing because of the breathing pattern and rhythm that’s carried out.
Below an example of how to perform Pranic Breathing, which can be done sitting, lying, or standing:
- Place your tongue on the roof of your mouth;
- Inhale slowly and deeply through your nose for six counts;
- Hold your breath for three counts;
- Exhale fully through your nose for six counts;
- Hold your breath for three counts.
You can do this cycle as many times as you like, and at any moment of the day.