The Lauren Berry Method®, or in short, the Berry Method® or Berrywork, was developed by an American named Lauren Berry. It is a corrective technique, that utilizes muscle, fascia, connective tissue, ligament and organ positioning, stretching, and relaxation.
To Lauren, who worked as a construction engineer for much of his life, the body was nothing more mysterious than an engineering problem, and it can be “fixed,” or brought into harmonious balance, by physical manipulations based on engineering principles. As he claimed: “The muscles are the main machinery of the body.”
Lauren Berry believed that the body has a memory and that, with encouragement of a therapist, body organs and tissues which are distorted or displaced would want to return to their proper place, thereby alleviating or healing malfunctions, discomforts and pains.
Benefits of the Berry Method ® include:
- Increases circulation.
- Stimulates the flow of lymph.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles.
- Reduces spasms and cramping.
- Increases joint flexibility and range of motion.
- Reduces rehabilitation and recovery times.
- Helps to prepare the body for strenuous workouts.
- Releases endorphins.
- Controls and relieves pains.
- Reduces adhesions, scar tissues and edema.
- Relieves of migraine pains.
- Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles.
More about the Berry Method® can be learned at the Lauren Berry Method® Website.