Vita-Flex Therapy (also written as Vita Flex or Vitaflex) is said to be of Tibetan origin and is a type of reflexology bodywork brought to the United States in the 1920s by Stanley Burroughs. The label Vita-Flex is a combination of the words Vitality and Reflexes.
The actual work consists of acupressure using the fingers in a rolling motion to create an electric charge into the body through reflex points or so-called acupoints. The Vita-Flex acupoints (or acupressure points) can be found on the feet, legs, hands, arms, spine, neck and head.
Vita-Flex sessions are often applied in combination with the use of essential oils as in the so-called Raindrop Technique. The idea is that essential oils also contain electromagnetic (and therapeutic) properties, which enhances the treatment and healing process.
It’s thought that a Vitaflex treatment can have the following health benefits:
- Balances energy pathways
- Supports healthy body systems
- Reduces body stress and tensions
- Re-aligns the spine
- Improves hearing and alleviates ear aches
- Helps detoxifying the lymphatic system
- Supports the respiratory and immune system
- Stimulates the colon and the digestive system